SOILS DATA: LTM biota / Nematode data - suspect corrections

update - michelle sent 93/94 LTM worm data, which i merged w/ previous chem data for the date, block id and treatment in questions, adding PH, TC, TN and SOC to the new revised data. I use excell to merge data, toad to drop the LTM Dec 93 data, excell to mind the mac/vs/PC 4 year gap, and toad to import the new data.
Update:

----------------------------------------------------
Got a plan.

0) Backup Current Soils LTM data - done

1) ensure correspondences below are good. - done

Mappings :
S_ADULTLD : The total number of adult living and dead Scottnema => SA
S_JUVLD : The total number of living and dead Scottnema lindsayae juvenile =>SJ
S_Live : The total number of living Scottnema => STL
S_DEAD : The total number of dead Scottnema => STD
S_LD : The total number of living and dead Scottnema => STLD

2) save season 93/94, or ask Michelle granularized data. done
pending Michelle request, I have re-entered the existing data into the new structure

3) Drop all data, save just the "soil characteristics" (with treament and date, for linking). done

4) Rebuild table SOILS_LTM in database, new columns. done

5) Load new mashed-up data. done

6) re-do metadata. 1 hr. done

=================================
Update:

Data has been prepared for inclusion in the database, but
we found a little discrepancy" THe excel below reflect the
structure of BEE and TRN and other Soil data sets, but the
LTM_SOILS in the database is somewhat different

Diana provided great historical guidance about the creation
and collection of Soils data. The Algae experiment came
after the LTM (biota).

The action proposed is, in the absence of further detail
clarification, we see whether we have a 100% match in date-times
in LTM_SOILS and excels below - if so, move towards
restructuring database table, providing further granularity.

If not, investigate some more.

Here are some details.
The database 'SOILS_LTM' table has fewer nematode-count related columns.

Specifically, I see in the database these columns

S_ADULTSLD, S_JUVLD, S_LIVE, S_DEAD, S_LD
E_ADULTSLD, E_JUVLD, E_LIVE, E_DEAD, E_LD
and no "P_" columns.

You are giving me columns consistent with other soils/nematodes data:
SML SMD SFL SFD SJL SJD SA SJ STL STD STLD
and likewise for others.

I think the database have your last five columns, here is my stab at a correspondence

S_ADULTSLD
SA S_JUVLD
SJ S_LIVE
STL S_DEAD,
STD S_LD
STLD

But we do not have the last species, nor the granularity distinctions you have.

I can re-do this table in the database to reflect your consistent-with-other-data
structure, however, Im not sure whether Im losing data (at least the 93/94).

====================================================
from Michelle: [.........]
I have attached the corrected LTM biota data from Diana Wall for the McMurdo LTER. The 1993-1994 data was correct, so there are not any changes to make to the data on the website for that year. The rest of the years have been corrected and attached along with the 2011-2012 data which is not on the website yet. For the corrected data the soil moisture needs to be replaced, but all other soil characteristic data can remain the same. Below is a list of the data files that I have attached.

Long Term Manipulation Experiment-Biota

Status                                    File                                                    Comments
DONE                                    1993-1994                               Data on Website, calculation correct, no changes   
P                                   LTM_Biota_Worms_Nov94                Data on Website, nematode & moisture corrected
P                                   LTM_Biota_Worms_Jan95                  Data on Website, nematode & moisture corrected
 P                                  LTM_Biota_Worms_Dec95                 Data on Website, nematode & moisture corrected P                                  P                                  
P                                  LTM_Biota_Worms_Dec96                 Data on Website, nematode & moisture corrected
P                                  LTM_Biota_Worms_Jan98                  Data on Website, nematode & moisture corrected
P                                  LTM_Biota_Worms_Dec01                 Data on Website, nematode & moisture corrected
P                                  LTM_Biota_Worms_Jan05                  Data on Website, nematode & moisture corrected
P                                  LTM_Biota_Worms_Jan07                  Data on Website, nematode & moisture corrected
P                                  LTM_Biota_Worms_Dec08                 Data on Website, nematode & moisture corrected
P                                  LTM_Biota_Worms_Dec11                 Data not on Website

Status: 

Priority: 

Normal